Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Primary School Randwick North celebrates and affirms its students in a wide range of curriculum areas. Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
At St Margaret Mary’s, assessment is seen as a critical aspect of learning and a key tool in challenging students and measuring their success. We have a variety of assessment tools such as NAPLAN, Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT), the Religious Education Test and ICAS assessments – along with classroom-based assessments. We have been able to demonstrate strong growth, particularly in Reading and Mathematics in recent years.
Here are some of our other recent achievements.
- St Margaret Mary’s was celebrated in the Sydney Morning Herald in April 2019 as one of 60 schools in NSW to have shown above average improvement in the 2018 reading and numeracy NAPLAN tests.
- All classes are engaged in STEM lessons with our enrichment teacher which develops their capacity to use a wide variety of skills in the areas of Science and Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- We have students at St Margaret Mary’s represent our school in a number of different sports including Rugby League, Touch Football, Basketball and Netball.
- Students are given the opportunity to showcase their musical talents through various ensembles such as choir and instrumental performances.
- A before school robotics club is offered on Friday mornings for all students to engage in the skills of coding and their understanding of technological communication.
- Our gifted and talented students are selected to compete against students from differing schools in the Maths Olympiads.